Office of Information Technology (OIT)
It looks like you’re visiting this page on a mobile device. Click here for our mobile page.
The Help Desk receives, resolves, and/or escalates basic computer related requests from faculty, staff, or students by phone, e-mail, or in-person.
The Help Desk provides the following services:
- Input of IT requests
- Resolutions on common issues (account management, basic MyMav support, Library guest accounts, wireless connection for client laptops, lab printing, file storage support, etc.)
- Escalation of IT requests (second tier staff reviews all assigned tickets to ensure they have all required information and escalate to the appropriate OIT group)
- Distribution of information about IT service interruptions
- UTShare HR/Finance Support
How to Request a Service or Report a Problem:
What to Expect When You Request a Service
- You will receive an e-mail with your ticket number.
- A Help Desk technician will send you an e-mail to do the following:
- Provide his/her name and inform you that he/she will be working on your request.
- Request any additional information needed to resolve the request.
- Setup a time to contact you if needed.
- Provide a “best case scenario” estimate for work completion date/time.
- During the work process, the Help Desk technician will provide major status updates.
- When the request is resolved, the Help Desk technician will send you a completion notice by e-mail.
- If the Help Desk agent cannot resolve the issue, he/she will escalate it to the proper OIT group.
Office of Information Technology. Box 19318, Arlington, Texas 76019-0318
Phone 817-272-2208 | Fax 817-272-2063
Do you have any questions about this site? E-mail us.