#interior design programs
Actual minimum grade ranges required for Fall 2017 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. Ryerson reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.
Domestic Fees Range: $7,194 – $7,946
International Fees Range: $23,667 – $24,246
About the Program. The best spaces are both practical and beautiful, and interior designers excel at striking the right balance between both qualities to optimize where we live, work and play. Ryerson graduates in this innovative field use their expertise and creativity to improve the technological, aesthetic, ideological, environmental, cultural and social dimensions of built environments. These talented professionals play a role in enhancing almost every imaginable interior setting—from corporate offices and shopping centres to restaurants, hotels, hospitals and residences. Practitioners influence everything from interior architectural development, to colours and finishes, to lighting and textures, always with the ultimate goal of creating a perfect marriage between form and function.
This is a Grades-Plus program. In addition to the academic requirements listed below, this program selects students on the basis of grades PLUS non-academic requirements .
Thinking of applying? Make sure the program is still accepting applications .
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program specific requirements. Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher pre-requisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/Anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Grade 11 U or M or Grade 12 U Mathematics (one of: MCF3M, MCR3U, MHF4U, MCV4U, MDM4U)
- One additional Grade 12 U or M course from: Visual Arts (AVI4M), Economics: Analyzing Current Economic Issues (CIA4U), Canadian and World Issues: A Geographic Analysis (CGW4U), Canada: History, Identity, and Culture (CHI4U), Physics (SPH4U), Communications Technology (TGJ4M) or Technological Design (TDJ4M)
- Other Grade 12 U or M courses in Canadian and World Issues may be considered on an individual basis
- Students should take Physics (Grade 11 or higher) and the Art option in Grades 11/12 if available. Preference may be given to applicants with Grade 12 U courses in History or Visual Arts/Art History
- The minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 65-70% range) will be determined subject to competition.
Students requesting advanced standing must submit academic transcripts of their secondary school as well as all post-secondary school studies (excluding Ryerson), to Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment. Current students attending another institution must remember to include a list of courses currently in progress, and to submit another academic transcript (including all final grades) as soon as possible following course completion. Detailed course outlines may be required by the School of Interior Design. Contact the Academic Coordinator for further information.
Do not submit non-academic material until after you have submitted your application for admission and accessed your Choose Ryerson Applicant Portal. You will receive an Acknowledgment email that will allow access to your portal where you can retrieve your Ryerson Number. Your Ryerson Number must be clearly printed on all non-academic materials you submit.
Your non-academic requirements, listed below, are due by February 1, 2016 or 10 business days from your application submission date, whichever comes later.
Exception. If you have already attended this program and are applying for readmission or reinstatement, you must contact the Academic Coordinator at (416) 979-5000 ext. 6923 by February 1, 2016 or 10 business days from your application submission date to confirm that a portfolio is not required.