University of Pretoria – Leaders in Project Management
University of Pretoria, South Africa – the leaders in project management
This practical, well-established Project Management course has been designed to develop project management knowledge, skills and insight. It equips delegates with the tools and techniques necessary to succeed in project management. The course is based on international standards and best practices. The programme in project management is also filled with local content to ensure its relevance in South Africa. The department responsible for the academic aspect of this programme is a registered education provider (REP) of the Project Management Institute (PMI) in the USA
- Obtain a certificate in project management from one of the top 500 universities in the world and leaders in project management training
- The project management education of choice of several large employers, including ones listed on the JSE
- The PPM is well-known by employers: an estimated 7000 people attended one of more than 130 intakes since 1997.
- Practical skills development; both employees and employers benefit from practical assignments done in the workplace
- Lecturers with extensive practical experience in industry
- Taught to a large extent by the same lecturers that teach Africa’s only masters’ program in project management that is accredited by the Global Accreditation Center of the PMI (USA) (More about the masters’ program) Read more.
The University of Pretoria, South Africa has been offering education and training in Project Management for more than 30 years and is the undisputed leader in project management education in Africa.
Project Management is a multi-disciplinary field that includes a variety of aspects such as scheduling, people-management, aspects relating to finances and cost, legal aspects, procurement and contracting, risk management, organisation structured, quality management, etc. As one of the largest multi-disciplinary universities in South Africa (with more than 1000 permanent lecturers) we are ideally positioned to address this multi-disciplinary field.
The lecturers who teach the core aspects of project management have decades of practical experience in industry. Some of the lecturers also perform project management consulting work in their private capacity. Hence we are in a position to offer very practical courses.
Our research projects in the field of project management (including research work on our PhD (Project Management) programme bring us into contact with international leaders and ensure that we remain at the forefront.
The Department responsible for project management training (The Graduate School of Technology Management) is a registered education provider of the Project Management Institute in the USA.
In terms of the Higher Education Act (Act 101 of 1997), the University of Pretoria is classified as a public higher education institution. The University of Pretoria is accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE) as a multi-purpose public training provider in the higher education and training band.
The University of Pretoria offers a comprehensive portfolio of short coursescertificate programmes and through Continuing Education at University of Pretoria Trust.Continuing Education at University of Pretoria Trust (CE at UP), with trust no. IT 133196/07, has as its mandate the coordination, management, administration and presentation of all continuing education activities on behalf of the University of Pretoria and its structures. The Trust takes responsibility for all continuing education activities of the University of Pretoria and the certification thereof.