#interior design computer programs
Laptop Computer Requirements
Interior Design Laptop Computer Requirement 2014‐15
Students entering the sophomore‐level interior design courses MUST have their own PC laptop computer. Because students learn Computer Aided Drafting(CAD), 3d Modeling, Computer Rendering and Building Information Modeling (BIM) it is unlikely that a generic laptop will have the capability to successfully run these programs. In that the laptops which meet these specifications tend to be more expensive than typical laptops and because the hardware specifications change each year, it is strongly suggested that students wait until acceptance into the sophomore year to purchase their laptops.
NO MACINTOSH COMPUTERS. THE SOFTWARE WILL NOT RUN PROPERLY ON A MAC.
Currently, most of the software (i.e…AutoCad, Revit and 3DStudio Max) is made available for students to download free through agreements with the software companies. Adobe Creative Suites (PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign) will need to be purchased by students for their individual computers.
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 64‐bit:
Windows 7 Enterprise, Ultimate, Professional, or Home Premium
- Microsoft Windows 8 64‐bit:
Windows 8 Enterprise, Pro, or Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 64‐bit:
Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Pro, or Windows 8.1
Multi‐Core Intel Xeon . or i‐Series processor or AMD equivalent with SSE2 technology. Highest affordable CPU speed rating recommended.
Autodesk Revit software products will use multiple cores for many tasks, using up to 16 cores for near‐photorealistic rendering operations.
8 GB RAM
- Usually sufficient for a typical editing session for a single model up to approximately 300 MB on disk. This estimate is based on internal testing and customer reports. Individual models will vary in their use of computer resources and performance characteristics.
- Models created in previous versions of Revit software products may require more available memory for the one‐time upgrade process.
1,680 x 1,050 with true color