Houzz Interior Design Ideas
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Houzz is the No. 1 app for improving and designing your home. Whether you’re building, remodeling or decorating, Houzz has you covered.
– Browse more than 15 million high-resolution photos of home interiors and exteriors. Choose by style, location or room, such as kitchen or bathroom.
– Save and share photos with friends, family and home professionals.
– Use the Sketch feature to annotate and draw directly on photos from Houzz.
– Shop from more than 9 million products and materials, including vanities, cabinets, lighting, furniture, tile and more.
– Read verified product reviews.
– Save up to 75% off during featured sales.
– Use Visual Match, our visual recognition technology, to discover and buy products and materials directly from photos on Houzz.
– Wondering what that sofa would look like in your living room? Select the View in My Room 3D feature and use the camera on your iPhone or iPad to see 500k 3D products would look in your space.
– Connect with over 1.5 million active home improvement professionals, including architects, general contractors, interior decorators, repair professionals and more.
– Check out our biweekly Houzz Newsletter for engaging and informative articles, including home tours, full kitchen and bathroom remodeling guides, industry news, decorating tricks, organizing guides, designing for pets, gardening advice, humor and everything in between.
– Watch Houzz TV to see original videos of inspiring homes, how-tos and more.
– Discuss home design and renovation topics in our Advice section and get feedback from the Houzz community on your projects and ideas.
What’s New in Version 17.11.2
We’ve made enhancements to the Houzz Shop product pages:
– Product reviews now include photos, so you can see how products look from other shoppers on Houzz.
– We’ve made fonts larger and easier to read.
We’ve clarified free shipping information for shoppers from Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
Great app, but updates have issues
I’ve relied heavily on this app for inspiration for our remodel. However, recently the app has started behaving badly. When searching for a feature (say wainscoting), then trying to filter for the room, style, etc., the app forgets about the feature I’m searching for. It just shows all the rooms that meet the filter criteria. Also, when reviewing photos in search results, if I select to learn more about a photo, then close the photo details when I’m done, the app returns to the top of the search results, rather than the last photo viewed. If The search results have a few hundred photos, it’s extremely time consuming to try to figure out where I was. These bugs make the app significantly less useful. I’m starting to look for a replacement.
Addictive and Manipulative
I have a love hate relationship with this app. In Design Home, one is given the challenge of decorating rooms with real, high end furniture in homes around the world. How fun! The caveat is the budget. The virtual cash and diamond awards are not sufficient. That leaves the user with 2 choices – purchase diamonds with real cash, or go to Tapjoy for awards. I found myself taking hours of surveys to earn diamonds to support my design habit. To add insult to injury, sometimes I didn’t actually receive the award. I have contacted Tapjoy multiple times for rewards I didn’t receive and have received no response. Hopefully, Design Home will up their free cash and diamond awards or quitting Design Home might end up being my New Years resolution.
This is not AR
This app doesn’t work at all like they make it appear. You don’t see smart AR furniture in your living room as if it’s really there, giving you an accurate sense of perspective and size. No, it just gives you a fixed perspective 2D clip art photo of the furniture and YOU have to guess what size it is as you shrink or enlarge the image. There is no AR technology to this that I can see. It’s literally like putting stickers on your photo. Maybe that can be useful to an extent but it’s not even close to what I thought I was getting based on the preview photos and descriptions.