Diploma in Interior Design (DID – S89)
As an Interior Designer , you have the ability and power to craft and transform the experiences of everyday living.
At the Diploma of Interior Design (DID), you will be equipped with skills to go beyond mere interior decoration. You will learn and engage in design research to develop your ideas and create interior spaces that are functional and purposeful. You will be taught how to combine design aesthetics with technical knowledge, and develop techniques to best communicate your ideas.
Interior Design students are also exposed to Specialisation workshops and Studio projects. This introduces them to various research and experimentation processes, helping them assemble a Design Portfolio that has gained recognition by employers in the design industry, as well as local and overseas Universities.
- Experience a paradigm shift in your understanding of interior design when you learn to question and redefine what the spatial enclosure can be
- Dynamic, project-based curriculum that trains and exposes you to a broad range of thinking, designing and crafting skills
- Learn to develop a strong research grounding to push the limits of your design ideas
- Gain a broad exposure to international design trends by participating in internationally run workshops such as the Visiting School by Architectural Association, London
- Take part in global design studios, international competitions and “live” industry projects and gain valuable experience as an interior design student
- Join the global situated programme with overseas design institutions like Pratt Institute, New York and SAIC, Chicago, and expand your learning journey through regional study trips to Japan, Korea, India and Thailand
Making space your playground
“I was in the Science stream but that didn’t hinder my passion to pursue a design course. I went to SP Open House and after looking at the works that were exhibited, I was very sure that SP Design School was my top choice. I enjoyed every lesson and assignment that was given and even initiated to do more than was required. I was surprised at my own motivation and enthusiasm! Under the Industry Mentorship Programme, I was attached to an Architectural/Interior Design firm which was an eye-opening experience and gave me lots of exposure.”