List of Colleges that Offer Architecture Degrees and Majors
When selecting an architecture school in the U.S., students may consider the type of hands-on experience available, the type of coursework offered and the types of degree programs offered with an eye toward meeting state licensure requirements.
Students interested in attending an architecture school in the U.S. may enroll in a professional bachelor’s or a professional master’s degree in architecture; doctorate programs are also available. Explore school options and criteria for selecting the best school for you.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Architectural History
- Architectural Technology
- Environmental Design
- Interior Architecture
- Landscape Architecture
- Urban and Regional Planning
10 Schools with Architecture Degrees
The following 4-year institutions offer degree programs in architecture for interested students:
*Source: National Center for Education Statistics
College Selection Criteria
There are a number of considerations that students should consider before choosing an educational program.
- Applicants without experience should seek a school with a Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.), while those with a bachelor’s in a field other than architecture or who have earned a non-professional bachelor’s in architecture might look for an institution offering a professional Master in Architecture (M.Arch.).
- Find a program accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB).
- Consider the coursework and concentrations offered. For example some schools may focus on design, the history of architecture, or technologies used in architectural design.
- Some schools offer hands-on experiences with professional architects already working in the field.
Aspiring architects can earn a Bachelor of Architecture, a Master in Architecture or a Doctorate in Architecture from public and private institutions. Accreditation, hands-on experience and degree concentrations may be some things that potential students want to consider when selecting a school.