Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
Career rewards beyond measure – protect and serve
The format of the online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree program allows working professionals to stay on the job while preparing them for careers or advancement in a variety of jobs including local, state and federal law enforcement agencies, and as security personnel, including preparation for graduate study in related public service fields.
A degree in criminal justice can lead to a variety of different jobs from the crime scene to the courtroom. Classes are taught by experienced faculty, including many active and retired members of law enforcement and other related professions, who impart practical knowledge that can be immediately applied to the job as well as to future career goals. Courses integrate Christian principles as they apply to ethics, justice, and other key issues related to the field of criminal justice. The job market for criminal justice is growing, explore new opportunities in cyber security, homeland security and/or criminal justice management and administration.
The online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree program is designed to take students through a journey that embraces personal, professional, and spiritual transformation. Students graduating from the program will be equipped to address issues in a global context, with the ethical standards of a Christian heritage. In addition, students will leave the program with the capacity to self-reflect, think critically, lead and engage others, and make effective decisions.
Consistent with the University student outcomes, upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree, graduates will be able to:
- Effectively prepare and present oral and written reports, synthesize the history and philosophy of criminal justice in America, and describe, apply and analyze American political systems, including the US Federal system of government, with an emphasis on examining public administration in the context of criminal justice practices.
- Develop, prepare and present oral and written reports whereby challenging students to develop leadership and ethical perspectives for delivery of public services within the criminal justice field, incorporating values of personal integrity, accountability to the public s interest, including equity and fairness, to the study of criminal justice.
- Effectively prepare and present oral and written reports examining the principles of emergency management and disaster preparedness, using technology in the management of criminal justice data, demonstrating the ability to define terrorism activities and describe the preparation and response to homeland security matters within United States criminal justice arena.
- Effectively prepare and present oral and written reports examining and describing the introduction of criminal justice and additionally examines the effects of minority communities in the criminal justice field, demonstrate, define and apply theories of criminology as it relates to criminal justice systems.
- Develop and present oral and written reports demonstrating critical thinking and research skills in criminal justice, with an emphasis on comparative studies examining the functions, institutions and operation of the United States and foreign criminal justice systems.
Prerequisites to Program
This serves as an admissions process general guide, may vary based on transfer units, test scores, etc. See your admissions counselor for your personal enrollment plan.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Live your purpose. Follow your passion. CBU Online is dedicated to helping you achieve your goals. Earning your degree at CBU Online is a short term investment with long term dividends.
- A cost effective education with financial aid options
- Apply for aid by completing the FAFSA, work individually with caring staff to explore financing options to complete your education
- Grants, Scholarships, Veteran s Benefits, Employer Tuition Assistance, Student Loans and Financing Plans available for those who qualify
- Yellow Ribbon Military Friendly School
Find and secure the resources you need to finance your educational investment. CBU Online works hard to provide an affordable and valuable education. We can help you identify, understand, and seek qualification for a variety of financing and financial aid options.
The first step is to fill-out the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov
CBU s FAFSA School Code: 001125
Click here for more Information about Financial Aid at CBU Online