No matter where you go in the world one thing you can count on finding is coffee. Today we re sharing 10 examples of creative coffee shops and cafes found throughout Asia that help keep both the locals and the tourists caffeinated.
1. Design studio M4 designed Churro Bunny, a bright and inviting takeaway cafe in Seoul, South Korea that stands out from the rest of the buildings on the street and adds a whimsical pop of yellow to the block. See more photos of the coffee shop, here.
Photography by Dae Sun Yoo.
2. YAMODesign Studio designed Kale Cafe in Hangzhou, China that features a bright interior full of tiny houses that divide the space and create cozy spots to curl up with your coffee or chat with a friend. See more photos of this cafe, here.
3. JJA/Bespoke Architecture designed Elephant Grounds, a coffee shop in Hong Kong that emphasizes indoor-outdoor engagement thanks to it s design that opens out onto the street to encourage interaction between the people in the coffee shop and the people on the street. See more photos of this coffee shop, here.
4. Supermachine Studio and developer Sansiri designed this office coffee shop that highlights the electrical conduit system by painting it a bright turquoise to give it a fun, industrial look. See more photos of this coffee shop, here.
5. designphse dba designed the Element Cafe in Singapore, a luxurious cafe attached to a hotel that features marble floors, gold details, and rich tones to create a warm, lavish atmosphere. See more photos of this coffee shop, here.
6. Alberto Caiola designed Fumi Coffee, a cafe in Shanghai, China, designed to draw people into it by grabbing their attention with a sculptural ceiling that flows from the outside all the way to the back of the cafe and was inspired by the aromatic vapors of coffee. See more photos of this coffee shop, here.
Photography by Dirk Wieblen.
7. Emma Maxwell Design designed the unique interior Cafe Melba at Mediapolis in Singapore by using hand crafted, 3-dimensional hexagon shaped concrete wall tiles. See more photos of this coffee shop, here.
8. Inspired by the easy going Australian lifestyle, designphase dba designed the Cafe Melba at Goodman Arts Centre in Singapore to have a sophisticated and elegant yet relaxed and comfortable feel to it. See more photos of this coffee shop, here.
9. id inc designed Cafe Ki, a minimalist coffee shop in Tokyo with an abstract tree theme that provides convenient spots to hang hats and coats while you hunker down with a cup of coffee. See more photos of this coffee shop, here.
10. Design collective Hjgher designed the Kith Cafe, a simple coffee shop near the Singapore River, where custom furniture was built from thinly cut and stacked plywood to keep the space feeling natural yet modern. See more photos of this coffee shop, here.
Get the contemporist daily email newsletter – sign up here